Cubs news: Starter Yu Darvish skips scheduled spring training start Thursday with illness
MESA - Scheduled to start in his first game as a member of the Chicago Cubs, pitcher Yu Darvish was scratched from the lineup before Thursday's game against the Colorado Rockies at Sloan Park.
Manager Joe Maddon said Darvish told him he still wasn't feeling well, and they both made the decision to hold off.
“We decided it's much better to do it this way,” Maddon said. “There's no hurry and he felt really good about it.”
Darvish still participated in team workouts, which included throwing a two-inning bullpen session along with batting practice.
After the workout, Darvish said, “I feel good”... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...