Cubs news: Starter Yu Darvish skips scheduled spring training start Thursday with illness
MESA - Scheduled to start in his first game as a member of the Chicago Cubs, pitcher Yu Darvish was scratched from the lineup before Thursday's game against the Colorado Rockies at Sloan Park.
Manager Joe Maddon said Darvish told him he still wasn't feeling well, and they both made the decision to hold off.
“We decided it's much better to do it this way,” Maddon said. “There's no hurry and he felt really good about it.”
Darvish still participated in team workouts, which included throwing a two-inning bullpen session along with batting practice.
After the workout, Darvish said, “I feel good”... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...