Cycling association looking for company to organize local events
slideshow With an eye toward growth, Mike Poe is looking to hand over the reins of the Noble Street Festival and Cheaha Challenge.
“To make it any larger and add more events, I just don’t have the time,” said Poe, the president of the Northeast Alabama Bicycle Association, who has headed up the challenge since 2000 and who founded the Noble Street Festival in 2003 to support it.
The weekend of cycling-related events coming up later this month draws hundreds of visitors to Calhoun County each year, and as NEABA looks to continue that growth, Poe and other members said the project may be... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing