Cycling association looking for company to organize local events
slideshow With an eye toward growth, Mike Poe is looking to hand over the reins of the Noble Street Festival and Cheaha Challenge.
“To make it any larger and add more events, I just don’t have the time,” said Poe, the president of the Northeast Alabama Bicycle Association, who has headed up the challenge since 2000 and who founded the Noble Street Festival in 2003 to support it.
The weekend of cycling-related events coming up later this month draws hundreds of visitors to Calhoun County each year, and as NEABA looks to continue that growth, Poe and other members said the project may be... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt