D.A. not retrying brutal La Porte hammer murders featured on 'Cold Justice'
It had all the elements of a real-life murder mystery.
There was the case: A couple beaten to death with a hammer.
There were the characters: The shady acquaintances, the grief-stricken children, the legendary ex-cop.
And there were the twists and turns: the lost evidence, the false accusations.
Recommended Video: Now Playing: Harris County prosecutors say a Houston man who is accused of fatally shooting his wife in front of their kids told investigators he âsnapped.â
Media: Harris County Office of Court Management The only element missing in the 1997 murders of Charles and Kathy Hayes,... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...