DA: Serial romancer faces $375G fraud charges
A scheming lothario who romanced then ripped off five women he met through social media faces arraignment this morning in Suffolk Superior Court on charges including credit card fraud and witness intimidation, authorities said.
Michael J. Shields Jr., 25, of New Hampshire - formerly of Boston's Seaport and Theater districts - is alleged in a 45-count indictment to have defrauded his accusers between May 2015 and January.
Shields is charged with opening more than a dozen credit cards in the women's names and making more than $375,000 in purchases on vacations, clothing, meals and jewelry,... read more
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe