DA: Serial romancer faces $375G fraud charges
A scheming lothario who romanced then ripped off five women he met through social media faces arraignment this morning in Suffolk Superior Court on charges including credit card fraud and witness intimidation, authorities said.
Michael J. Shields Jr., 25, of New Hampshire - formerly of Boston's Seaport and Theater districts - is alleged in a 45-count indictment to have defrauded his accusers between May 2015 and January.
Shields is charged with opening more than a dozen credit cards in the women's names and making more than $375,000 in purchases on vacations, clothing, meals and jewelry,... read more
- 10:55 Houston reaches $40M settlement with pension actuarial firm
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...