DACA recipient arrested near Yuma on human-smuggling charges
Border Patrol agents stationed at the Yuma Sector arrested a 26-year-old Mexican immigrant — shielded from deportation under a deferred-action program known as DACA — on charges of human smuggling.
According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the arrest took place Monday afternoon after agents witnessed four suspected undocumented immigrants getting into the 26-year-old's truck and driving away.
Agents who track signs of crossers spotted footprints of four people near the Colorado River — which delineates a portion of the border between the two countries — in a rural area south of... read more
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...
- 12:03 Phoenix mulls harassment, discrimination policy for council members
- 12:03 Phoenix to debate cost of Donald Trump visit, use of chemical...
- 11:31 'Blue Dreams': How mood-altering drugs saved author Lauren Slater...
- 11:27 Ranking biggest NFL draft busts of all time
- 11:01 Chandler schools superintendent to discuss controversial Snapchat...
- 11:01 Habitat Metro plans second apartment project in downtown Mesa
- 11:01 Restaurant inspections: 6 Phoenix-area eateries on this week's list
- 09:58 Trump again attacks Obama over Russia