Dan Patrick: 'Blue Wave didn't make landfall'
AUSTIN -- Coming off a primary election where Texas Democrats set a nearly quarter-century record for turnout, Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Wednesday that a predicted Blue Wave against the GOP "never made landfall."
"We have been hearing for weeks in Texas and across the country that a great "blue wave" was coming to Texas. We were assaulted with predictions that our great state is trending Democrat," Patrick said in a statement on Tuesday's primary election.
"But the votes have been counted and we know that so-called "blue wave" never... read more
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat