Dan Patrick: 'Blue Wave didn't make landfall'
AUSTIN -- Coming off a primary election where Texas Democrats set a nearly quarter-century record for turnout, Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Wednesday that a predicted Blue Wave against the GOP "never made landfall."
"We have been hearing for weeks in Texas and across the country that a great "blue wave" was coming to Texas. We were assaulted with predictions that our great state is trending Democrat," Patrick said in a statement on Tuesday's primary election.
"But the votes have been counted and we know that so-called "blue wave" never... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes