Danielle Gibson overcomes knee issue to become freshman star for ASU softball
Danielle Gibson should have been rushing home from softball practice, bounding up the stairs of her two-story family home and plastering her bedroom with pitchforks and Sparky.
Instead, as a 15-year-old three years ago, she was confined to her living room for more than three months and told by a surgeon that she should quit softball and switch to a water sport that wouldn't put as much pressure on her left knee. The leg with almost no cartilage between her femur and tibia, putting her at risk of a fracture or worse.
"I can't, I just committed to ASU," Gibson replied. "He was... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump
- 12:50 Trump signs bill easing post-2008 crisis restraints on banks