Danko Jones excellent at being Danko Jones
"I don't want to experiment. I'm not interested in that. I just want to write a bunch of tunes that sound heavy to our ears. If we like it, it's all good."
Danko Jones, frontman of the Canadian hard rock trio that bears his name, is explaining why every Danko Jones album sounds like, or at least bears a strong thematic, musical and tonal resemblance to, every other Danko Jones album. The trio's discs may not have the familiarity of those by, say, AC/DC, but they're working on it, Jones says.
And if you think achieving that sort of comforting consistency year after year is easy,... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco