Danko Jones excellent at being Danko Jones
"I don't want to experiment. I'm not interested in that. I just want to write a bunch of tunes that sound heavy to our ears. If we like it, it's all good."
Danko Jones, frontman of the Canadian hard rock trio that bears his name, is explaining why every Danko Jones album sounds like, or at least bears a strong thematic, musical and tonal resemblance to, every other Danko Jones album. The trio's discs may not have the familiarity of those by, say, AC/DC, but they're working on it, Jones says.
And if you think achieving that sort of comforting consistency year after year is easy,... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike