Darlene Love, red-carpet gala open Clermont's new arts center
Dressed to the nines, the crowd whooped and hollered as Darlene Love took the stage Saturday night. But the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer had to share the limelight with another star attraction: The new Clermont Performing Arts Center, which officially opened with a red-carpet gala.
In 2013, the city bought a former megachurch on South U.S. Highway 27 and transformed it into an arts and recreation center. The recreation programs are up and running; Saturday's soiree marked the start of its first arts season.
"We like the idea that they're bringing arts and culture to Clermont," said... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant