Darren Sharper reaches new plea agreement in rape case
Former NFL star Darren Sharper has reached a new plea agreement that could put him in prison for more than nine years and require him to testify against two co-defendants at an upcoming federal trial, according to court documents filed Wednesday.
The terms of the new plea agreement were not disclosed for Sharper, who is accused of raping nine women in four states. But after his previous plea agreement was rejected last month by a federal judge, he didn’t have much leverage for a better deal.
He could have withdrawn his guilty plea, facing trial and the possibility of 20 years in prison on... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House