Darren Sharper reaches new plea agreement in rape case
Former NFL star Darren Sharper has reached a new plea agreement that could put him in prison for more than nine years and require him to testify against two co-defendants at an upcoming federal trial, according to court documents filed Wednesday.
The terms of the new plea agreement were not disclosed for Sharper, who is accused of raping nine women in four states. But after his previous plea agreement was rejected last month by a federal judge, he didn’t have much leverage for a better deal.
He could have withdrawn his guilty plea, facing trial and the possibility of 20 years in prison on... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant