Davis: Time for Republicans to work together
TAYLORVILLE, Ill. -- Freshman U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis says it's time for the Republican party to work together.
The Taylorville Republican bested former Miss America Erika Harold of Champaign-Urbana and veterinarian Mike Firsching of Moro in the GOP primary Tuesday for the south-central district.
Harold's campaign was in the national spotlight over the summer when a local GOP leader called her a "streetwalker" and later resigned.
The incident was one example of recent infighting within the Illinois Republican Party.
Davis says that he hopes Republicans across the 13th district... read more
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case