Davis: Time for Republicans to work together
TAYLORVILLE, Ill. -- Freshman U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis says it's time for the Republican party to work together.
The Taylorville Republican bested former Miss America Erika Harold of Champaign-Urbana and veterinarian Mike Firsching of Moro in the GOP primary Tuesday for the south-central district.
Harold's campaign was in the national spotlight over the summer when a local GOP leader called her a "streetwalker" and later resigned.
The incident was one example of recent infighting within the Illinois Republican Party.
Davis says that he hopes Republicans across the 13th district... read more
- 22:18 Dallas County Sheriff's Association endorses Gov. Greg Abbott
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it