Days before stock market fall, Maricopa County treasurer vows to triple returns for schools
CLOSE Maricopa County Treasurer Royce Flora believes he can triple tax investment returns for Phoenix-area schools. Maricopa County Board of Supervisors
The Maricopa County Treasurer's Office is promising Phoenix-area schools a windfall in extra funding.
But the pledge is based on a breathtaking prediction, and came only days before the stock market dropped 1,000 points.
Treasurer Royce Flora estimates his office can deliver a boost to schools as high as $23 million this fiscal year by tripling investment returns from $22 million last fiscal year to $60 million.
Flora has even boasted of... read more
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...