Days before stock market fall, Maricopa County treasurer vows to triple returns for schools
CLOSE Maricopa County Treasurer Royce Flora believes he can triple tax investment returns for Phoenix-area schools. Maricopa County Board of Supervisors
The Maricopa County Treasurer's Office is promising Phoenix-area schools a windfall in extra funding.
But the pledge is based on a breathtaking prediction, and came only days before the stock market dropped 1,000 points.
Treasurer Royce Flora estimates his office can deliver a boost to schools as high as $23 million this fiscal year by tripling investment returns from $22 million last fiscal year to $60 million.
Flora has even boasted of... read more
- 08:11 Digital billboards that run ads in schools spark controversy in...
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida