DE Charles Johnson takes big pay cut to return to Panthers
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Defensive end Charles Johnson has agreed to take a major pay cut to return to the Carolina Panthers, according to his agent.
The team announced Wednesday that Johnson has re-signed.
Johnson, who was released last week by Carolina in a salary cap move, received a one-year contract worth $3 million to return to the NFC champions, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus. He said Johnson turned down an offer in excess of $6 million from another team.
"Obviously his heart is with the Panthers and this wasn't about the money for him," Rosenhaus said.
Johnson was slated to... read more
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...
- 13:39 AP sources: Cohen in talks to strike plea deal in fraud case
- 11:50 Trump looking to best Obama's travel for midterms
- 11:50 Trump accuses de Blasio of slogan theft
- 10:18 Jury in Manafort trial enters 4th day of deliberations
- 09:08 Gallery: A purrfect debut [+ video]
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat