Death sentence upheld for convicted cop-killer Jason Wheeler
The Florida Supreme Court today upheld the conviction and death sentence for Jason Wheeler, who was convicted of killing a Lake County deputy in 2005.
Wheeler was found guilty of shooting Deputy Wayne Koester, one of the deputies dispatched to his Paisley home in February 2005 for a domestic-violence complaint. Wheeler escaped arrest initially, but deputies tracked him down, shot him and paralyzed him.
In his appeal, Wheeler's attorney argued there were nine problems with the trial, mostly that his defense attorney failed to offer key evidence or object to evidence. Among the claims,... read more
- 18:50 Trump replacing McMaster with Bolton
- 17:17 Investigators combing through confessed bomberâs âtarget listâ
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer