Defending champion Hideki Matsuyama withdraws from Waste Management Phoenix Open
Two-time defending Waste Management Phoenix Open champion Hideki Matsuyama withdrew from the tournament before Friday's second round.
The PGA Tour tweeted that Matsuyama pulled out 'due to a left wrist injury.' It's unclear when the injury occurred.
Matsuyama shot a 69 in the first round. He is ranked 5th in the Official World Golf Ranking.
Share your feedback to help improve our site experience! read more
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...
- 12:03 Phoenix mulls harassment, discrimination policy for council members
- 12:03 Phoenix to debate cost of Donald Trump visit, use of chemical...
- 11:31 'Blue Dreams': How mood-altering drugs saved author Lauren Slater...
- 11:27 Ranking biggest NFL draft busts of all time
- 11:01 Chandler schools superintendent to discuss controversial Snapchat...
- 11:01 Habitat Metro plans second apartment project in downtown Mesa
- 11:01 Restaurant inspections: 6 Phoenix-area eateries on this week's list