Defending champion Hideki Matsuyama withdraws from Waste Management Phoenix Open
Two-time defending Waste Management Phoenix Open champion Hideki Matsuyama withdrew from the tournament before Friday's second round.
The PGA Tour tweeted that Matsuyama pulled out 'due to a left wrist injury.' It's unclear when the injury occurred.
Matsuyama shot a 69 in the first round. He is ranked 5th in the Official World Golf Ranking.
Share your feedback to help improve our site experience! read more
- 00:53 US intelligence chief is tough on Russia, at odds with Trump
- 00:53 Amid harsh criticism, Trump tries a tougher tone on Russia
- 00:53 Kentucky's Paul shares Trump's skepticism of US intervention
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'