Democratic hopeful Beto O'Rourke takes in $2.4 million to challenge Texas Republican Ted Cruz
WASHINGTON – El Paso Democrat Beto O'Rourke raised more than $2.4 million in the last three months of 2017 for his U.S. Senate challenge against Republican incumbent Ted Cruz.
O'Rourke's haul, the best fundraising quarter of his campaign so far, brings his total up to $6.4 million for the start of Texas' marquee 2018 political contest.
The Cruz campaign, which had raised $3.6 million through September, has not yet released its final 2017 fundraising numbers. They are due to the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday.
At last count, at the end of September, Cruz reported a campaign war... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...