Democratic hopeful Beto O'Rourke takes in $2.4 million to challenge Texas Republican Ted Cruz
WASHINGTON – El Paso Democrat Beto O'Rourke raised more than $2.4 million in the last three months of 2017 for his U.S. Senate challenge against Republican incumbent Ted Cruz.
O'Rourke's haul, the best fundraising quarter of his campaign so far, brings his total up to $6.4 million for the start of Texas' marquee 2018 political contest.
The Cruz campaign, which had raised $3.6 million through September, has not yet released its final 2017 fundraising numbers. They are due to the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday.
At last count, at the end of September, Cruz reported a campaign war... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...