Democrats change tune: Seem to like a lot of each others' ideas
SAN ANTONIO — After sparring over several issues, and with just a week to go before the start of early voting, a majority of the Democrats running to unseat incumbent Republican Gov. Greg Abbott are now sounding a lot alike on many key issues.
At a Bexar County Democratic Party forum, six of the nine gubernatorial contenders in the upcoming March 6 primary agreed on more than a dozen top issues — with disagreement remaining on the state income tax, toll roads and legalizing casinos to help pay for schools.
They supported a move to abolish the death penalty and closing a loophole that allows... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 17:31 Dominant NL West, 'Babe Ruth of Japan' highlight 2018 Cactus League
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died