Democrats change tune: Seem to like a lot of each others' ideas
SAN ANTONIO — After sparring over several issues, and with just a week to go before the start of early voting, a majority of the Democrats running to unseat incumbent Republican Gov. Greg Abbott are now sounding a lot alike on many key issues.
At a Bexar County Democratic Party forum, six of the nine gubernatorial contenders in the upcoming March 6 primary agreed on more than a dozen top issues — with disagreement remaining on the state income tax, toll roads and legalizing casinos to help pay for schools.
They supported a move to abolish the death penalty and closing a loophole that allows... read more
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House