Democrats, pressured by Trump, plan to revise rebuttal memo
WASHINGTON - Under pressure from President Donald Trump, Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee plan to redact a memo defending the FBI's surveillance of a former Trump campaign aide to resolve Trump's complaint that the document disclosed highly sensitive information, a Democrat on the committee said Saturday.
But the Democrat, Jim Himes of Connecticut, accused Trump of hypocrisy in demanding changes to the document, echoing a grievance leveled by other Democrats on the committee. Himes noted that the president had declassified the contents of a rival Republican memo, based on the... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'