Demystifying the 'blockchain' technology behind Bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies
Question: Can you give me a layman’s explanation of what exactly "blockchain" is?
Answer: With the hype surrounding cryptocurrencies continuing to grow, more people are hearing about the underlying technology known as blockchain.
At the core of blockchain technology is a publicly shared "immutable digital ledger" — meaning that it’s essentially a tamperproof record-keeping technology.
What are ledgers?Ledgers have been part of how humans trade since nearly the beginning of our species and continues to be how we record transactions.
Until blockchain, ledgers were... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...