Deported Arizona mom makes new life in Mexico but misses kids 'dearly'
CLOSE Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos was deported to Mexico on Feb. 9, 2017, the day after she had gone to the Phoenix ICE office for what until then had been a routine check-in. She has been separated from her two kids and husband for over a year.
ACÁMBARO, Mexico — Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos sits on her bed, plugs in her phone and gets ready for the highlight of her night.
The screen lights up with Jacqueline, Guadalupe's daughter. Jackie's 15. She smiles, her mouth full of braces. Guadalupe stares back into the video-chat app on the phone.
A year ago, the two were looking at each other inches... read more
- 08:11 Digital billboards that run ads in schools spark controversy in...
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida