Desmond Tutu wins $1.7M Templeton Prize
LONDON The John Templeton Foundation says it has awarded South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu one of the world's leading religion prizes.
The organization says Tutu, 81, is the winner of the 2013 Templeton Prize for his "lifelong work in advancing spiritual principles." The honor comes with a 1.1 million-pound ($1.7 million) award.
The foundation said Thursday that Tutu, a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, will receive the prize at a ceremony at the Guildhall in London on May 21.
Responding to the announcement, Tutu thanked supporters and said that he accepted the prize "in a... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein