Despite Blue Wave, Dems running far behind in cash race for governor
AUSTIN — For Texas Democrats, 2018 was shaping up to be a year of amazing opportunity, a time when a blue wave would roll across Texas and help them boot Republicans from office.
Record early voting turnout for nonpresidential election years, coupled with recent successes against Republicans in other states, has Democrats buoyed about their prospects in some congressional and legislative races.
But their efforts to unseat the top Republican in Austin — Gov. Greg Abbott — so far have fallen far short of the hype. And experts are wondering whether, come November, Democrats could be in for yet... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House