Detained migrant father: 'We don't deserve to be deported after so much suffering'
A detained migrant father on a hunger strike has penned a letter to the media to let the public know about the hardships he, and other imprisoned families, are facing in Karnes, Texas.
"We are desperate, we are tired of being incarcerated and we want to be released with our sons," wrote the father, identified only as Jorge.
"We do not deserve to be deported after so much suffering with our sons," he wrote. "We ask a judge to please help us."
RAICES, the San Antonio-based immigrant rights advocacy group that shared the letter on social media on Thursday, said... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...