Detroit Electric unveils $135,000 sports car
Detroit - Resurrected automaker Detroit Electric "put the stake in the ground" Wednesday night with the debut of its first vehicle at new headquarters inside the Fisher Building: an all-electric, carbon fiber and aluminum SP:01 sports car.The vehicle introduction was an important mile-marker in a five-year journey for Albert Lam, former CEO of the Lotus Engineering Group and now chief executive of the 17-employee Detroit Electric. He hopes to make an impact on the small electric vehicle market in the birthplace of the mass-market automobile.
"We didn't want use the 'Detroit... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold