Detroit Red Wings, NHL, fans condemn use of logo in Charlottesville protest
Skip in SkipxEmbed
CLOSE Charlottesville, Virginia is about to play host to a third white nationalist rally this weekend. Nathan Rousseau Smith (@fantasticmrnate) has the story.
As images began pouring out from violent protests in Charlottesville, Va., Saturday, a familiar symbol showed up in an odd place: The Detroit Red Wings logo, slightly modified, on signs held by protesters.
The Detroit Red Wings have released a statement condemning the use of their logo by white nationalists at a rally in Charlottesville, where the University of Virginia is located.
"The Detroit Red Wings... read more
- 14:02 Arizona high school football rewind: Curtain Calls from Zero Week
- 13:23 Jim Harbaugh, Michigan football's secrecy sparks media's FOIA request
- 13:12 GOP doubts and anxieties about Trump burst into the open
- 11:42 Physicist Hawking criticizes UK health secretary on service
- 11:21 Fiji International Leading Leading Scores
- 11:15 How Marvin Bagley III ended up at Duke a year ahead of schedule
- 11:11 How bicyclist-friendly is your city? Group ranks metro Phoenix efforts
- 10:57 How to watch the Arizona Cardinals game vs. the Chicago Bears
- 10:12 Sun safety during solar eclipse in Arizona: 'Don't look at the sun...
- 10:02 Trump Phoenix rally to highlight feisty feud with senator