Detroit Tigers, honorary manager for a day hit a home run for 10-year-old Brighton boy
Andrew is a 10-year-old from Brighton who loves baseball and the Tigers. Tom Lauzon is a 57-year-old from St. Clair Shores who might be even more of a kid than Andrew.Their paths crossed last month at a spring training game in Lakeland, Fla. With Opening Day at Comerica Park on deck, it's the perfect time to tell a tale of baseball, sunshine, generosity, good fortune and Andrew's grandma.
The story starts in 2010, when Lauzon spent $10,000 at a Detroit Tigers Foundation fundraiser to be the team's manager for a day. He had so much fun that the next year - with his wife, Sally, sitting next... read more
- 21:03 Running world embraces Desiree Linden after Boston Marathon victory
- 20:21 Cardinals plan to exercise fifth-year option for left tackle D.J....
- 19:54 Texas agriculture commissioner errs in interpreting barbecue bill,...
- 19:23 Arizona Cardinals have urgent need for wide receivers behind Larry...
- 18:19 NFL draft: 2018 quarterback class not measuring up to 1983 comparisons
- 17:54 Pence to name Kellogg as national security adviser
- 17:52 Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin named National League...
- 17:52 ASU NFL draft preview: The intriguing case of Kalen Ballage
- 17:52 Perry's Chubba Purdy stops at-bat to honor national anthem from...
- 16:56 Phoenix Suns have talked to Jason Kidd, Vinny Del Negro about...