Developer plans apartments on First Avenue in Downtown Pittsburgh
By Mark Belko / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette For the past several years, developer Todd Palcic has made his living developing condos and apartment buildings in Downtown's cultural district. Now he's taking his talents across town.
Last week, Mr. Palcic completed the purchase of the former Graphic Arts building at 422 First Ave., with plans to convert the eight-story, red-brick structure into apartments.
"I think there's a need for apartments on that side of town," he said Thursday.
Mr. Palcic paid $800,000 for the building and another $350,000 for an adjacent lot, which will provide... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant