DHS names local jails that won't hold illegal immigrants
WASHINGTON – The Trump administration is naming some names in its efforts to shame local jails that don't cooperate with immigration authorities. It's putting the spotlight on Travis County, Texas, home of liberal Austin.
The administration released a list of 206 cases of immigrants released from custody before federal agents could intervene. Roughly two-thirds were from Travis County.
The 206 figure is somewhat murky. It doesn't represent all the cases in which immigration authorities sought custody of people facing criminal charges, with major cities like New York and Los Angeles... read more
- 18:39 Mylar balloons in power lines trigger outages in Gilbert
- 18:37 Coaches, players, writers reflect on impact coach Jesse Parker left
- 18:37 D-Backs Game Day: No J.D. Martinez or Paul Goldschmidt in lineup vs...
- 17:30 Democrats herald agreement on sweeping Russia sanctions bill
- 17:05 Cardinals Training Day: Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald won't play...
- 17:00 N.Y. pays $10,440 to restore FDR's Packard
- 16:47 Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets
- 16:08 Funeral services for Payson-area flash-flood victims begin Monday
- 15:58 Chip Ganassi would love Kyle Larson to run the 500, Larson has some...
- 13:43 Protesting a coffee house over gentrification fears is silly — and...