DHS names local jails that won't hold illegal immigrants
WASHINGTON – The Trump administration is naming some names in its efforts to shame local jails that don't cooperate with immigration authorities. It's putting the spotlight on Travis County, Texas, home of liberal Austin.
The administration released a list of 206 cases of immigrants released from custody before federal agents could intervene. Roughly two-thirds were from Travis County.
The 206 figure is somewhat murky. It doesn't represent all the cases in which immigration authorities sought custody of people facing criminal charges, with major cities like New York and Los Angeles... read more
- 02:34 Trump steps to forefront of anti-abortion movement
- 01:56 $5,000 reward offered for return of French bulldog puppies stolen...
- 01:56 3 women arrested soon after Avondale serial killing are accused of...
- 01:53 Kings can't handle Penguins, and suffer their fifth straight loss...
- 01:51 Year-old 'resistance' now sets sights on the ballot box
- 01:51 Pence has long pushed for Trump policies on Israel
- 01:33 China's birthrate dropped despite allowing 2-child families
- 00:00 Turnovers, poor shooting doom Michigan in 72-52 loss to Nebraska
- 23:00 Phoenix police link 9 murders within hours using in-house technology
- 22:57 Mother: Care denied daughter left in cold in hospital gown