Diamondbacks defeat Arizona State in exhibition tune-up before Cactus League play
The Diamondbacks got a jump on the rest of the Cactus League on Wednesday, meeting Arizona State's baseball team in a seven-inning exhibition game as part of the annual Collegiate Baseball Series and defeating the Sun Devils 6-2 at Salt River Fields.
First baseman Christian Walker went 2 for 2 with a two-run single in the first inning for the Diamondbacks, and shortstop Tony Renda hit an RBI triple to right field for the go-ahead run in the fifth. Arizona added four runs in the sixth, two by way of bases-loaded walks.
Taylor Clarke threw a scoreless first inning for the Diamondbacks, who... read more
- 13:29 Higley's Marcus Edwards eyes return to sports after two strokes,...
- 13:02 Trump says he wants to meet with Russia's Putin soon
- 13:02 The Latest: Trump team makes overture to high-profile lawyer
- 12:45 NFL mock draft 2018: Arizona Cardinals not only team that needs...
- 12:34 The Latest: Lawyers debate 15-week abortion ban in court
- 11:43 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives poisonous spider bite,...
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...