Diamondbacks defeat Arizona State in exhibition tune-up before Cactus League play
The Diamondbacks got a jump on the rest of the Cactus League on Wednesday, meeting Arizona State's baseball team in a seven-inning exhibition game as part of the annual Collegiate Baseball Series and defeating the Sun Devils 6-2 at Salt River Fields.
First baseman Christian Walker went 2 for 2 with a two-run single in the first inning for the Diamondbacks, and shortstop Tony Renda hit an RBI triple to right field for the go-ahead run in the fifth. Arizona added four runs in the sixth, two by way of bases-loaded walks.
Taylor Clarke threw a scoreless first inning for the Diamondbacks, who... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston