Diamondbacks defeat Arizona State in exhibition tune-up before Cactus League play
The Diamondbacks got a jump on the rest of the Cactus League on Wednesday, meeting Arizona State's baseball team in a seven-inning exhibition game as part of the annual Collegiate Baseball Series and defeating the Sun Devils 6-2 at Salt River Fields.
First baseman Christian Walker went 2 for 2 with a two-run single in the first inning for the Diamondbacks, and shortstop Tony Renda hit an RBI triple to right field for the go-ahead run in the fifth. Arizona added four runs in the sixth, two by way of bases-loaded walks.
Taylor Clarke threw a scoreless first inning for the Diamondbacks, who... read more
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents