Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
Only a handful of Diamondbacks hitters are off to good starts at the plate. Two starting position players and a key reliever remain on the disabled list - and all three have suffered some form of a setback during the rehab process. One of their starting pitchers is scheduled for Tommy John surgery later this week.
And yet the Diamondbacks continue to roll along, undeterred by whatever is in their way. They beat the San Diego Padres 4-2 on Sunday afternoon in a game that did not feel as close as the score indicates. Left-hander Patrick Corbin was dominant again. Shortstop Nick Ahmed had a... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump
- 12:50 Trump signs bill easing post-2008 crisis restraints on banks
- 12:39 N Korea reaction ranges from 'right call' to 'embarrassment'