Diamondbacks get 'elusive' big hit, snap losing skid with win over Brewers
It had eluded them in recent weeks, but the Diamondbacks finally found the big hit that they had been searching for during a season-high, six-game losing streak.
The Diamondbacks finally broke through on Tuesday when third baseman Daniel Descalso delivered a two-out, go-ahead single in the eighth inning to give the club a 2-1 victory, its first win since May 8 in Los Angeles.
“It was just the perfect remedy and almost the way you draw it up when you script it in your head,” Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo said. “It was timely hitting, getting runners on base putting a little pressure on... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump