Diamondbacks get 'elusive' big hit, snap losing skid with win over Brewers
It had eluded them in recent weeks, but the Diamondbacks finally found the big hit that they had been searching for during a season-high, six-game losing streak.
The Diamondbacks finally broke through on Tuesday when third baseman Daniel Descalso delivered a two-out, go-ahead single in the eighth inning to give the club a 2-1 victory, its first win since May 8 in Los Angeles.
“It was just the perfect remedy and almost the way you draw it up when you script it in your head,” Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo said. “It was timely hitting, getting runners on base putting a little pressure on... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...