Diamondbacks on track to unveil humidor in 2018
CLOSE Japanese right-handed pitcher Yoshihisa Hirano speaks at an introductory press conference at Salt River Fields on Feb. 12, 2018. David Wallace/azcentral sports
Chase Field's standing as one of baseball's most hitter-friendly ballparks is subject to change. The Diamondbacks officially will unveil a humidor for 2018, General Manager Mike Hazen said.
The humidor - a climate-controlled chamber in which baseballs are stored - could drastically impact how hard balls are hit and, as a result, how far they travel. It is expected to lead to a decline - perhaps a significant one - in home... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez