Diamondbacks outfielder Socrates Brito is ready to continue his baseball odyssey
As a minor-league manager, Robby Hammock's favorite player was always Socrates Brito.
The 25-year-old outfield prospect, whom Hammock managed in Visalia (High-A) in 2014 and in Mobile (Double-A) in 2015, was a model image of what a baseball player should be.
But whatever happened to Brito? And why, since then, has the Dominican-born slugger managed just 97 big-league plate appearances?
The once-heralded Arizona Diamondbacks prospect made his MLB debut back in Sept. 2015 when he posted a .303 batting average to go along with four extra base hits in 18 games.
While in the minors, Brito not... read more
- 04:22 Russia: Asking permission before taking organs is 'inhumane'
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 20:45 Trump warns of dire consequences if Democrats take House