Diamondbacks pitcher Shelby Miller wins salary arbitration case
Pitcher Shelby Miller won his salary arbitration case on Thursday against the Diamondbacks after missing most of last season because of a torn elbow ligament, a decision that gave players a 2-0 record this year.
Miller was awarded a $200,000 raise to $4.9 million by arbitrators Robert Herzog, Gary Kendellen and Sylvia Skratek, who heard the case Wednesday. The Diamondbacks argued he should be paid the same salary as in 2017, when he lost in arbitration after asking for $5.1 million.
Houston closer Ken Giles and Miami first baseman Justin Bour went to hearings Thursday. A decision also is... read more
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House