Dinner with chef Ferran Adria of elBulli goes for $23,000 to online bidder
A dinner for four with celebrated Spanish chef Ferran Adria of the award-winning elBulli restaurant sold for a cool $23,000 to an online Asian bidder on Wednesday, while a set of custom-engraved knives went for nearly $8,000.
Wine from the famed restaurant hauled in a total of $1.8 million, beating pre-sale estimates of $1.1 million, with all 445 lots selling in the centerpiece of a strong first day of Sotheby's spring Hong Kong auctions, seen as a key benchmark of luxury appetite in China.
The $23,000 did not include a buyer's premium and there were no estimates for the dinner.
The dinner,... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft