Dog has seen his share of despair but is ready for new home
A severely malnourished dog that underwent months of rehabilitation with the help of Plano Animal Services is looking for a new home.
The boxer mix named Red is healthy enough to be adopted. But Plano officials caution he will still need extra care as he recuperates. A special adoption process has been set up to ensure Red’s owners can provide for him.
“He is a very sweet dog, very loving,” Animal Services manager Jamey Cantrell said.
Last year, an animal control officer found Red while checking on a cruelty complaint. The owner was cited for inhumane treatment, which carries a fine of up... read more
- 09:24 New data: Americans filling far fewer opioid prescriptions
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...