Dollars and sense: Slauson gets guarantee in deal
The Chicago Bears signed Matt Slauson to a one-year contract earlier this week after agreeing to terms last Friday, and more than one-third of the deal is guaranteed.
Slauson, who is expected to start at one of the guard positions, received a $100,000 signing bonus. The Bears also guaranteed $200,000 of his base salary of $715,000.
Slauson started every game over the past three seasons for the New York Jets. He took a physical and signed his contract on Tuesday. It's a bump over some of the minimum-salary benefit deals the club has given some veterans. Here is a look at the contract:
2013... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant