Dortmund claims 3 points against Sporting
LISBON, Portugal — Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Julian Weigl scored in the first half as Borussia Dortmund moved closer to advancing in the Champions League with a 2-1 win over Sporting Lisbon on Tuesday.
Bruno Cesar pulled one back for Sporting but the Portuguese side could not find the equalizer and saw its nine-match winning run at home in all competitions come to an end.
Aubameyang scored his ninth goal in 11 matches this season in the ninth minute, finding the net with a fine chip, and Weigl doubled the lead in the 44th with his first goal for Dortmund, which coped without nine... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes