Draft GOP resolution would flatter Joe Arpaio, then urge him to quit Senate race
CLOSE Former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has announced he will run for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Jeff Flake. Video by azcentral
A draft Arizona Republican Party resolution would heap praise on former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's long career in law enforcement and GOP politics and then gently nudge him to exit this year's U.S. Senate race.
A few days ahead of the state GOP's annual mandatory meeting in Phoenix, Arpaio vowed to stay put in the Aug. 28 Republican primary, where he would face U.S. Rep. Martha McSally of Tucson and former state Sen. Kelli Ward of Lake... read more
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...