Draft GOP resolution would flatter Joe Arpaio, then urge him to quit Senate race
CLOSE Former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has announced he will run for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Jeff Flake. Video by azcentral
A draft Arizona Republican Party resolution would heap praise on former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's long career in law enforcement and GOP politics and then gently nudge him to exit this year's U.S. Senate race.
A few days ahead of the state GOP's annual mandatory meeting in Phoenix, Arpaio vowed to stay put in the Aug. 28 Republican primary, where he would face U.S. Rep. Martha McSally of Tucson and former state Sen. Kelli Ward of Lake... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler