Drew Sharp: World of instant gratification tears down, then praises Michigan State basketball
EAST LANSING - The shovels were out. Travel plans canceled. Eulogies prepared. All the elements stood at the ready for a proper burial for Michigan State.
There were some who had bulldozers ready to bury us, coach Tom Izzo said.
But in a span of 48 hours, the Spartans enjoyed a resurrection worthy of Lazarus. Just like that, underachieving morphed into overwhelming. Chumps became champs, or as Izzo aptly phrased it, they suddenly went from ugly duckling to the prom queen.
And this is precisely why coaches stress out.
Izzo spent the past month convincing his ailing and disillusioned... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance