Driver dies after fleeing crash, then hitting tree in Mesa
A driver was killed after striking another vehicle in Mesa, failing to stop, then hitting a tree Wednesday evening, police said.
The vehicle was driving eastbound on Guadalupe Road when it struck another vehicle just west of Loop 202, said Mesa police spokesman Detective Nik Rasheta.
The collision caused damage to the second vehicle but no serious injuries, Rasheta said.
The driver of the first vehicle continued eastbound at a "high rate of speed" and struck a tree on the south curb of East Guadalupe Road, just east of the freeway, Rasheta said.
The driver of the vehicle died from... read more
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals