Ducks fall to Ovechkin and Capitals at home
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The power play that the Ducks had locked in a deep freeze before, during and after the Olympic break almost emerged from the cold as a big goal came just after one ended Tuesday night.
And then Alex Ovechkin showed them how to score with the man advantage to get an even-bigger goal.
Ovechkin ripped his NHL-leading 46th goal past Ducks netminder Jonas Hiller, and it was the difference in a 3-2 win for the Washington Capitals in front of a sellout crowd of 17,174 at Honda Center.
Mathieu Perreault scored at 1:32 of the third through a screened Washington goalie Jaroslav... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein