Dunn's 5 goals for US highlight 10-0 rout of Puerto Rico
FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Crystal Dunn tied a national team record with five goals and U.S. women routed Puerto Rico 10-0 on Monday night to win Group A in the CONCACAF qualifying tournament for the Rio Olympics.
The top-ranked Americans scored three times within 1:56 during the second half and outshot Puerto Rico 32-1.
The U.S. can clinch one of the 12 slots in Brazil with a win in its CONCACAF semifinal game Friday in Houston. It will face the runner-up of Group B, which will finish play Tuesday. Canada is expected to win that group with Guyana or Trinidad & Tobago finishing second.
The... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance