Early report: Grand Canyon helicopter spun twice before crashing, bursting into flames
The helicopter dipped into the Grand Canyon, headed for a designated landing area below the rim. It approached on a flight path that appeared standard for the area's countless tourist flights. As it approached the landing pad, it drifted aft, leveled out, then spun 360 degrees twice and hit the ground.
The fire that began after impact consumed most of the wreckage.
INVESTIGATION: Safety loophole means crashes still lead to fatal fires
Those are the initial findings of the National Transportation Safety Board in its preliminary report on the crash of a Papillon Airways helicopter on Feb.... read more
- 01:30 In DC primary, minimum wage is the main topic of discussion
- 22:14 Melania Trump 'hates' to see families separated at border
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe