East clinches playoff berth with 32-7 win over No. 2 Chugiak
East High christened its new football stadium Saturday afternoon with a Cook Inlet Conference victory on homecoming that doubled as the clincher that secured the T-birds a berth in the state playoffs.
East took advantage of four first-quarter turnovers by No. 2-ranked Chugiak – the Mustangs committed nine turnovers in all – to seize a quick two-touchdown lead and roll to a 32-7 victory.
For the T-birds (5-2, 3-2 CIC), a return to the playoffs two weeks hence comes after they won just one game in each of the two previous seasons, each time beating perennially weak Eagle River.... read more
- 13:03 Houston leaders ask residents to Adopt A Drain to keep storm waters...
- 12:45 Abbott: All Texas schools are up-to-date on safety strategies
- 12:22 Ben Carson to speak in Houston area on Harvey relief
- 12:03 Arizona Wildcats basketball gets commitment from Pitt grad transfer...
- 11:58 Trump admin starts plan to drill in Arctic wildlife refuge
- 11:48 NAU football to hold spring game on Saturday at Walkup Skydome
- 11:48 ASU baseball hosts Utah seeking to snap six-game losing streak
- 11:37 UN health agency: Dengue vaccine shouldn't be used widely
- 11:31 Trump checks out anti-drug effort while in Florida
- 09:54 Trump's personal attorney has dropped a pair of libel suits