East Valley losing another high-profile leader to Mormon mission
John Lewis is resigning as president and CEO of the East Valley Partnership in late May to serve a Mormon mission overseas.
The former Gilbert mayor took over leadership of the East Valley coalition in January 2016. Now, he will step down to serve as a mission president of the Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Church in Cambodia.
He said he did not apply nor expect this assignment.
"It is such an honor to have the privilege to serve as a mission president of a particular geographic area that you just say yes," Lewis said.
Lewis is the second high-profile leader from the southeast... read more
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals