East Valley losing another high-profile leader to Mormon mission
John Lewis is resigning as president and CEO of the East Valley Partnership in late May to serve a Mormon mission overseas.
The former Gilbert mayor took over leadership of the East Valley coalition in January 2016. Now, he will step down to serve as a mission president of the Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Church in Cambodia.
He said he did not apply nor expect this assignment.
"It is such an honor to have the privilege to serve as a mission president of a particular geographic area that you just say yes," Lewis said.
Lewis is the second high-profile leader from the southeast... read more
- 00:53 US intelligence chief is tough on Russia, at odds with Trump
- 00:53 Amid harsh criticism, Trump tries a tougher tone on Russia
- 00:53 Kentucky's Paul shares Trump's skepticism of US intervention
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'