East Xtra: Forest Hills girl is showing her versatility
By Joe Koch / Tri-State Sports & News Service When Samantha Gibson finished in eighth place at the 2012 National Junior Olympic Heptathlon Championships after completing her junior year at Trinity Christian School, college programs began to pay attention to this 18-year-old Forest Hills resident's accomplishments.
She had completed a successful spring a year ago at Trinity Christian, which has just 150 students in grades 9-12, placing second in the WPIAL Class AA 400-meter dash with a time of 58.85 seconds.
At the PIAA Class AA meet, she finished in fifth place in the championship race... read more
- 22:57 Judge rules against ending program to protect Dreamers
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional