East Xtra: Woodland Hills sprinter targeting a WPIAL title
By Malik Vincent / Tri-State Sports and News Service It was just 0.04 of a second that separated Woodland Hills senior Tyrell Jones from a victory in the 100-meter dash at last year's WPIAL Class AAA track and field championships.
Former Gateway star Aaron Barlow, the heavy favorite to win the WPIAL title, edged him out with a time of 10.88 against Jones' 10.92.
That moment hasn't left his memory and he's been motivated ever since.
"Since that moment, I knew that I had a lot of work to do," Jones said. "It was a moment in which I felt the pain of defeat and, from then on, I... read more
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced