Egypt's president in Sudan, hopes for better ties
KHARTOUM, Sudan Egypt's president is visiting Sudan, his first trip to his country's southern neighbor since he took office nine months ago.
Mohammed Morsi's two-day visit is the longest by an Egyptian president to Sudan in decades. It underlines Egypt's renewed interest in boosting cooperation after what was seen as neglect and deteriorating relations under ousted leader Hosni Mubarak.
Mubarak accused Sudan of harboring suspects in the 1995 assassination attempt against him in the Ethiopian capital of Addis Ababa.
Morsi was greeted Thursday by Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, a fellow... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt