Ellis' blunder costs Dodgers in loss to Phils
PHILADELPHIA -- A.J. Ellis had plenty of room to catch Chase Utley's foul pop and didn't squeeze it into his catcher's mitt.
Utley made the Dodgers pay for the catcher's blunder.
Utley hit a two-run homer one pitch after Ellis' error in the first inning and the Philadelphia Phillies beat Los Angeles 5-3 on Saturday.
"I just missed it," Ellis said. "It was a bad play by me and it cost us the game. It gave a top-caliber hitter an extra swing."
Dodgers starter Dan Haren (5-3) gave up five runs — two earned — and six hits, striking out seven in six... read more
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer
- 13:15 Former ASU offensive lineman Stephen Berg dies at 34
- 13:10 Q&A: The debate over the 'right to try' experimental drugs