Ellis' blunder costs Dodgers in loss to Phils
PHILADELPHIA -- A.J. Ellis had plenty of room to catch Chase Utley's foul pop and didn't squeeze it into his catcher's mitt.
Utley made the Dodgers pay for the catcher's blunder.
Utley hit a two-run homer one pitch after Ellis' error in the first inning and the Philadelphia Phillies beat Los Angeles 5-3 on Saturday.
"I just missed it," Ellis said. "It was a bad play by me and it cost us the game. It gave a top-caliber hitter an extra swing."
Dodgers starter Dan Haren (5-3) gave up five runs — two earned — and six hits, striking out seven in six... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...